Fraher & Findlay revisited every aspect of the existing building to propose the most efficient use of space whilst creating a strong sense of place within each of the floors. The client wished to fully refurbish the building, adding a rear ground floor and loft extension.
Before the completion of Hammersmith bridge which led to major railway development, much of South West London and Barnes in particular, was dominated by market gardening. Much of the waterfront of the Thames in this area around 1820 was covered by market gardens. The orchards, gardens and nurseries were famous for the exotic produce.