Whenever we speak to a new client, they are very open about what they love about their home. However a key question we also ask during the briefing process is:'What do you dislike about your spaces?'
The answers to this are varied but they tell us a great deal
- "The corner of the kitchen feels cold and dark so I never want to sit there."
- "I get depressed waking up to the view of a brick wall from my window."
- "The children's clutter STRESSES ME OUT!!"
- "Getting into the house is a pain as we are falling over each other in the hallway - that's my every day experience each time I return home"
- "We have damp in our sitting room - we have been ignoring it but it frightens me that we don't know how to deal with it"
- "The house is freezing in winter and it makes getting out of bed really difficult."
Sometimes there are a number of things that really irritate or upset a client and it is easy to see how the eat, sleep, repeat pattern day after day within these spaces can have an impact on mental health.